May Contain: Barley, Egg, Mustard, Oats, Rye, Sesame, Soy, Tree Nuts, and Triticale.
Begin Cooking Stew
- Turn oven on to 350°F.
- Wash bell pepper, cut in half, remove stem and seeds and chop into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large saucepan over medium.
- Once hot, add onions, carrot and peppers and cook for 4-5 minutes, until softened and starting to turn golden.
Prepare Remaining Ingredients
- Wash cilantro and pick and chop leaves.
- Wrap pita in aluminum foil and place in oven for 12-15 minutes, until warm and toasty.
- Drain rockfish and pat dry with paper towel.
- Slice each rockfish filet into two pieces.
- Rinse and drain lentils in a fine mesh sieve.
- To saucepan from step 1, add garlic, half of the spice blend and harissa paste to taste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, crushed tomatoes, 1 1/2 cups water and lentils and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes, stirring often with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking, until lentils are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and red pepper flakes.
- Stir greek yogurt and half of the cilantro into stew just before serving.
Prepare + Cook Rockfish
- In a medium bowl, combine cornstarch, 1/4 tsp salt and remaining spice blend.
- Dredge each piece of rockfish in the prepared seasoning and transfer to cutting board.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Once hot, add rockfish and cook 4-6 minutes, flipping halfway through, until flaky and cooked through to an internal temperature of 158°F.
- Portion stew into serving bowls and top with rockfish.
- Garnish with peanuts and remaining cilantro.
- Slice pita into wedges and serve alongside.