May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and other Tree Nuts.
Tip: Rinsing the millet is very important in this recipe. Also - be sure to toss the salad gently, as cannellini beans are soft and delicate.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Toss carrots on a baking sheet with 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add hazelnuts onto baking sheet, keeping them separate.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove tray and set hazelnuts aside to cool.
- Add onion to baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet back in the oven and cook carrot and onion for 7-12 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Rinse milllet in a fine mesh sieve until water runs clear.
- Add millet to a pot with 1 ½ cups lightly salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes or until grains are tender and liquid has fully absorbed.
- Once cooked, pour millet back into fine mesh sieve and rinse with cold water until grains have cooled.
- Pour millet onto paper towel to soak up any excess liquid.
- Drain and rinse cannellini beans in a fine mesh sieve.
- Wash tomatoes, spinach, lemon, basil, dill.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Cut lemon in half.
- Pick and finely chop basil and dill.
- Roughly chop roasted hazelnuts.
Prepare Marinated Bean Salad
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp. olive oil, garlic, spice blend, honey, and the following to taste: lemon juice, sherry vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add millet, feta, carrot, onion, tomato, dill, and basil and toss well.
- Add cannellini beans and spinach and stir gently.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad onto serving plates.
- Garnish with hazelnuts.
As Featured In