May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
- Turn oven on to 400°F.
- Rinse and drain brown rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add to a small pot with 3/4 cup salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 15–18 minutes, or until grains are tender.
Roast Sweet Potatoes + Tortillas
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Toss sweet potato on one side of baking sheet with 1 tbsp. olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush tortillas with a thin layer of oil on both sides.
- Stack tortillas and cut in half then in quarters.
- Cut quarters into 1/2 inch strips and place on empty side of baking sheet.
- Place in oven and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- When timer goes off, check tortilla strips and remove from oven once crispy.
- Toss sweet potato and return to oven for 5–7 minutes, until tender and golden.
Prepare Turkey + Cabbage
- Drain turkey and pat dry with paper towel.
- Wash, zest and cut lime in half.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 2 tbsp. oil, garlic, spice blend and lime zest and salt to taste.
- Add turkey and toss to coat with marinade.
- In a second medium bowl, combine cabbage and apple cider vinegar to taste.
- Season with salt to taste and set aside until ready to serve.
- Wash bell pepper and cilantro.
- Cut bell pepper in half, remove stem and seeds, and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, and the following to taste: chipotle pepper in adobo and half of the lime juice.
Cook Turkey + Vegetables
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium.
- Once hot, add bell peppers and onion and cook for 3–4 minutes, until tender.
- Push to one side of skillet and add turkey to other side.
- Cook for 4–6 minutes, flipping halfway through, until turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Stir sweet potato into rice and season with each of the following to taste: salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and remaining lime juice to taste.
- Portion into bowls and top with turkey, vegetables and pickled cabbage.
- Garnish with crispy tortillas and cilantro.
- Drizzle chipotle sour cream over everything.
AS SEEN ON