May Contain: Fish, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, Sulphites, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
Tip: In Step 1, use clean hands to press panko breading into halloumi to help it stick, creating a thicker crunchy coating.
Prepare Halloumi Tenders
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and brush with oil.
- In a medium bowl, crack eggs and use a fork to beat until yolk and white are combined.
- On a plate, combine panko breadcrumbs and spice blend.
- Drain and pat halloumi dry with paper towel.
- Slice halloumi lengthwise into 8 thin slices.
- Dip each slice of halloumi first into the egg, then into the panko breading.
- Press panko breading into the cheese.
Bake Halloumi Tenders
- Place halloumi tenders onto one side of the baking sheet, place in oven and set a timer for 15 minutes, reserving the other side for Step 4.
- Once timer goes off, flip over and cook for 3–5 more minutes until breading on halloumi tenders is crisp and golden.
- Wash romaine, radishes, mint, cucumber, and tomatoes.
- Trim end from romaine and chop into 1/2 inch thick ribbons.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Pick and finely chop mint leaves.
- Trim ends and dice cucumbers into 1/8 inch thick pieces.
- Cut lemon in half.
Prepare Pita Crumbs
- Brush top and bottom of pita with a thin layer of oil and season to taste with salt.
- Carefully place pita onto baking sheet and toast for 3–4 minutes, then flip and cook for 3–4 more until both sides are crispy and will crack easily.
- Allow to cool, then break into 1 inch pieces.
Mix Spicy Yogurt
- In a small serving bowl, whisk together greek yogurt, half of the lemon juice and the following to taste: harissa paste, salt and pepper.
Prepare Fattoush Salad
- In a large bowl whisk together 2 tbsp. olive oil, sumac, mint, garlic, honey, and remaining lemon juice to taste.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add romaine, cucumber, tomatoes, radish and pita and toss well.
- Divide halloumi tenders and salad onto serving plates.
- Serve with spicy yogurt.
As Featured In