May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, and other Tree Nuts.
Tip: Do not season corn with salt until Step 6 when it is rolled in the chili salt to avoid overseasoning.
- Bring 2 litres salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- Pat dry tofu with paper towel.
- Cut tofu in half like a bun, and cut each square in half diagonally creating smaller triangle pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add tofu and cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until crisp and golden.
Cook Corn + Potatoes
- Remove husks and silks from corn and cut in half.
- Wash potatoes.
- Once water is boiling from Step 1, add corn and potatoes and boil for 18–20 minutes or until both are tender.
Prepare Cilantro Mayo
- Meanwhile, wash lime and cilantro.
- Zest and cut lime in half.
- Pick and finely chop cilantro leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine vegan mayonnaise, and half of the cilantro.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and half of the lime zest.
- Remove tofu from skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Carefully wipe excess oil from skillet with paper towel.
- Return skillet to medium-low heat and add spice blend, 1/2 cup water, tomato paste, soy sauce, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar to taste.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and whisk welll to combine.
- Cook sauce for 4-5 minutes until it has reduced in volume by about half.
- Remove skillet from heat and whisk in almond butter.
- Add tofu back into sauce and toss well.
- Once potatoes and corn are tender, drain in a sieve.
- Transfer potatoes back to pot with 1 tbsp. olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- On a small plate, combine chili powder, 1/8 tsp. salt and remaining lime zest to taste. Mix well.
- Roll corn into chili salt to taste.
- Squeeze lime juice over corn to taste.
- Divide corn, potatoes and tofu onto serving plates.
- Serve with a side of cilantro mayo.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro.
AS SEEN ON