May Contain: Egg, Gluten, Milk, Mustard, Sesame, Shellfish, and Tree Nuts.
Tip: In Step 5, use clean hands to tear noodles into shorter pieces to better combine with the vegetables in the salad.
- Wash cucumber, Thai basil, tomatoes and bird's eye chili.
- Trim ends from cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and slice into 1/8 inch thick semi-circles.
- Pick and chop Thai basil leaves.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Cut lime in half.
- Cut bird's eye chili in half, remove stem and seeds and finely chop.
- Wash hands with hot soapy water.
- Bring 2 ½ litres salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add vermicelli rice noodles and cook for 2–3 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain in a fine mesh sieve.
- Rinse well with cold water until noodles are chilled and water runs clear.
Prepare Apricot Glaze
- In a small bowl, whisk together apricot sauce, spice blend, and 2 tbsp. water.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Drain and pat dry pork chops with paper towel.
- Season both sides well with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add pork chops and cook for 3–4 minutes per side.
- Pour apricot glaze into skillet and reduce heat to low and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Cook until pork reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and glaze is sticky and thick.
- In pot from Step 2, combine fish sauce, soy sauce, garlic and the following to taste: lime juice and bird's eye chili.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Whisk well to combine.
- Use clean hands to rip noodles into shorter pieces and toss with sauce.
- Add carrot, tomatoes, cucumber, peanuts and Thai basil to pot and toss to coat.
- Divide salad onto serving plates.
- Divide pork onto serving plates and top with apricot glaze.
As Featured In