May Contain: Egg, Gluten, Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
Tip: In Step 2, the canned cherry tomatoes are drained to separate the tomatoes from the tomato juice. Discard the tomato juice or use in your own recipes!
- Rinse and drain jasmine rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add jasmine rice to a small pot with 1-1/2 cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 15–18 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Trim ends from bok choy, separate leaves and cut large pieces in half lengthwise.
- Wash cilantro, mint, green onion and bok choy.
- Pick and chop cilantro and mint leaves keeping them separate.
- Thinly slice green onion.
- Cut lime in half.
- Drain canned cherry tomatoes in a fine mesh sieve.
- Heat a small dry skillet over medium- high heat.
- Add coconut flakes and toast for 2–4 minutes, stirring frequently until golden and toasted.
- Monitor closely to prevent burning.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
Begin Chicken + Vegetables
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Drain chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken thighs into saucepan and cook for 1–2 minutes per side until crisp on top and bottom.
- Remove chicken thighs from saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add shallot and carrots into saucepan. Cook for 3–4 minutes turning occaisonally.
Prepare Tomato Broth
- Add chicken thighs back into saucepan with 1-1/2 cup water, drained cherry tomatoes, garlic, fish sauce and the following to taste: thai curry paste, salt and pepper.
- Stir to spread out curry paste, then cover and cook for 4–6 minutes.
- Add bok choy, cover and cook for 2–3 minutes until vegetables are tender and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Squeeze in lime juice to taste.
Finish + Serve
- Stir cilantro and green onion into tomato curry broth.
- Stir toasted coconut into rice and fluff with a fork.
- Divide rice into serving bowls.
- Top rice with chicken, vegetables and tomato broth.
- Garnish with mint.
AS SEEN ON