May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Shellfish, Tree Nuts
Tip: Remember to only use half of the sesame oil in Step 1, reserving the other half for the glaze in Step 4.
Cook Vermicelli Noodles
- Bring 2 ½ litres salted water to a boil.
- Once boiling, add vermicelli and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 6–8 minutes then drain in a sieve and rinse with cold water until chilled.
- Add vermicelli back into pot and toss with half of the sesame oil and set aside.
Prepare Tofu + Mushrooms
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems.
- Slice mushrooms in half.
- Drain tofu and pat dry with paper towel.
- Cut each piece of tofu in half.
Begin Cooking Tofu + Mushrooms
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add tofu and mushrooms and cook for 6–8 minutes, keeping them separate, turning pieces occasionally until tender and golden.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup water, glaze base, ginger, soy sauce, and remaining sesame oil.
- Season to taste with pepper.
- Meanwhile, wash green onion, and mint.
- Thinly slice green onion.
- Cut lime in half.
- Pick and chop mint leaves.
Glaze Tofu and Mushrooms
- Keeping heat at medium-high, pour half of the glaze into skillet with the tofu and mushrooms and cook for 3–4 minutes until sauce is thickened and syrupy.
Finish + Serve
- Add vermicelli, mint, spinach, and daikon + carrots into bowl with remaining glaze and toss well to combine.
- Divide vermicelli salad into serving bowls.
- Place tofu and mushrooms in piles on top of vermicelli.
- Pour any remaining glaze over top of everything and top with crispy onions and green onions.
- Squeeze lime to taste over everything.
As Featured In