May Contain: Egg, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
- Turn oven on to 425°F.
- Rinse and drain brown rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add to a small pot along with 1 tbsp. butter and 1 ¼ cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 20–25 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Wash tomatoes, lemon and basil.
- Zest lemon and cut in half.
- Pick and chop basil.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, and onion on baking sheet.
- Toss with balsamic vinegar, honey, 1 tbsp. olive oil and half of the lemon juice to taste.
- Place in oven and set a timer for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain cod and pat dry with paper towel.
- Use clean hands to rub 1 tbsp. olive oil onto both sides of cod and season with spice blend and salt and pepper to taste.
- When timer goes off, move vegetables to the sides of baking sheet, creating space for cod in the center.
- Carefully add garlic to tomatoes and toss to combine.
- Place cod into center of baking sheet and return to the oven for 6-8 minutes until flaky and has reached an internal temperature of 158°F.
Finish + Serve
- Stir lemon zest to taste into rice just before serving.
- Sprinkle basil into tomatoes just before serving.
- Portion brown rice onto serving plates with tomatoes and their juices on top.
- Place cod on the side and squeeze with remaining lemon to taste.
As Featured In