May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large pot over medium-high.
- Once hot, add onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until tender and fragrant.
- Rinse and drain black beans in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add spice blend and crumble vegatable stock cube into pot and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add black beans, fire-roasted tomatoes and 1 1/2 cups water to pot.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15–20 minutes, until thickened slightly.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice tortillas into 1/4 inch strips.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Once hot, add tortilla strips and toss to coat with oil.
- Season to taste with salt and fry until crispy and golden.
- Remove from skillet and drain on paper towel.
- Wash cilantro and pick and chop leaves.
- Cut lime into wedges.
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit and cut flesh into 1/4 inch slices.
Finish + Serve
- Portion soup into serving bowls.
- Top to your preference with each of the following: feta, sour cream, avocado, crispy tortillas and cabbage.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges squeezed to taste.
As Featured In