May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
- Rinse and drain jasmine rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add rice to a small pot with 1 ½ cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Wash cilantro, jalapeno, and lime.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Cut jalapeno in half, remove seeds, and mince.
- Wash hands with hot soapy water.
- Zest and cut lime in half.
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit and slice.
- Drain and rinse black beans in a fine mesh sieve.
Cook Black Beans
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and celery. Cook for 2- 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until becoming tender.
- Stir in garlic, and spice blend with jalapeno to taste. Cook for 1 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add vegetable stock cube, diced tomatoes, black beans and 3/4 cup water.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, lime zest and half of the lime juice.
- When the rice is cooked, divide into large serving bowls.
- Divide black beans to the side.
- Top with cheddar cheese, sour cream, cilantro, and avocado.
- Season avocado with a light sprinkle of salt if desired.
- Squeeze remaining lime juice on top, if desired.
As Featured In