May Contain: Egg, Fish, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, Tree Nuts, other sources of Gluten
- Turn oven on to 425F.
- Bring 2 1/2 litres salted water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add pasta shells and cook for 6-8 minutes or until al dente.
- Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water and drain in a fine mesh sieve.
- Wash Brussels sprouts, trim ends and cut in half.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place Brussels sprouts on top.
- Toss with 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place into the oven and set a timer for 15 minutes.
- When timer goes off, sprinkle 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese over Brussels sprouts and return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Once hot, add butternut squash and cook for 8-10 minutes, tossing often, until tender and golden.
- Sprinkle spice blend over squash and cook for 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and set aside for step 6.
- Meanwhile, wash arugula, lemon and sage.
- Zest lemon and cut in half.
- Pick and chop sage leaves.
Prepare Pasta Sauce
- In empty pot from step 1, melt 2 tbsp. butter over medium heat.
- Once butter is melted, add garlic and sage and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add white cooking wine and stir with a wooden spoon to break up any browned bits.
- Add heavy cream and 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese, bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, until slightly reduced.
- Add pasta, butternut squash and arugula to pot and cook for 1-2 minutes, until arugula is tender and bright green.
- Stir in 1/4 cup pasta water and toss to coat pasta with sauce.
- Add additional pasta water by the tbsp. until sauce is desired consistency.
- Season with each of the following to taste: lemon zest, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Portion Brussels sprouts and pasta onto serving plates.
- Serve with any remaining lemon juice to taste.
As Featured In