Panko crumbs adds an irresistibly light and crisp crust to these simply pan-fried cod fillets, served with a quick and delicious tartar sauce of mayo, dill, lemon, pickles, and red onion. Oven-roasted spuds and broccoli round out the plate making for a light yet satisfying meal in a mere half hour.
May Contain: Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy, Sulphites, and Tree Nuts.
- Turn oven on to 425°F.
- Wash potatoes and lemon.
- Cut lemon in half.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Drain cod and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Add potatoes to sheet and toss with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread potatoes out on one half of a baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in oven and set a timer for 12 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss broccoli with 1 tbsp. olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When timer goes off, add broccoli to baking sheet.
- Roast vegetables for another 13-15 minutes or until tender.
- Add panko breadcrumbs to a shallow bowl.
- Crack egg into a second small bowl. Whisk eggs with 2 tsp. olive oil until smooth.
- Coat one piece of cod in egg completely.
- Transfer cod in panko, turning and pressing down lightly to ensure crumbs stick.
- Repeat with remaining cod.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet with 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high.
- Place panko-crusted cod carefully in skillet.
- Cook cod for 4-5 minutes on each side until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F and panko is golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
Prepare Tartar Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together spice blend, mayonnaise, dill pickles and red onion.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze half of the lemon juice into sauce.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Divide vegetables onto serving plates along with cod.
- Add tartar sauce to the side.
- Squeeze remaining lemon juice on top if desired.