May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Sulphites, and other Tree Nuts.
- Rinse and drain jasmine rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add rice to a small pot with 1 1/2 cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Wash lime, lime leaves, cilantro, Thai basil and bird's eye chili.
- Cut lime in half.
- Remove lime leaves from stems and finely chop leaves.
- Pick and chop cilantro and basil leaves.
- Thinly slice bird's eye chili.
- Drain tofu and pat dry with paper towel.
- Cut tofu into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Wash hands with hot soapy water.
Prepare Cashews + Curry Mixture
- Place a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add cashews and toast, tossing often, for 4-6 minutes, or until golden and toasted.
- In a small bowl, mix together ½ cup water, brown sugar, garlic, spice blend, GF soy sauce and yellow curry paste to taste until smooth.
Cook Coconut Curry Sauce
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large wide saucepan over medium high.
- Add onions and cabbage and cook for 3-4 minutes or until becoming tender and golden.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in curry mixture and bird's eye chili to taste for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, lime leaves and bamboo shoots.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium low.
- Season to taste with lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Add tofu to saucepan and gently stir to coat in sauce.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5-6 minutes until sauce has thickened.
Finish Curry Sauce
- When sauce has thickened, stir broccoli gently into sauce.
- Cover with a lid and cook another 4-5 minutes or until broccoli is bright green and tender.
- Divide rice into serving bowls.
- Spoon yellow curry on top.
- Garnish with herbs and cashews.
- Squeeze any remaining lime to taste on top.
AS SEEN ON