May Contain: Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
Cook Carrots Fries
- Heat oven to 475°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place carrot sticks on baking sheet and toss with 1 tbsp. oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put baking sheet in oven immediately and set timer for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together fish sauce, garlic, half of the sugar with 1 tbsp. oil until sugar dissolves.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain sliced pork and pat dry with paper towel.
- Mix pork into marinade and set aside for Step 6.
- Wash cucumbers, lime, and cilantro.
- Slice cucumbers into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Cut lime in half.
- Pick cilantro leaves.
- Slice white buns lengthwise.
- Add white wine vinegar and remaining sugar to a medium pot. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir in carrot + daikon and cucumbers.
- Turn off heat and let vegetables stir in vinegar mixture.
Prepare Spicy Mayo
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise with sriracha to taste.
Cook Pork + Toast Buns
- Put white buns in the oven and set a timer for 5 minutes. Toast until hot and lightly crispy on the outside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add pork and cook for 6-8 minutes, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, until pork is golden brown and is at an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Season to taste with lime juice.
Finish + Serve
- When white buns are toasted, spread a spoonful of spicy mayo on one side of buns.
- Divide pork on top and layer with pickled vegetables.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Place banh mi on plates with a side of carrot fries and any remaining spicy mayo.
As Featured In