Tender boneless chicken thighs are flavoured with our middle-eastern inspired spice blend, yogurt, lemon, and garlic, then roasted in a hot oven until slightly crispy yet still perfectly juicy. Served with a dollop of tangy yogurt over a tabbouleh salad of bulgur, tomatoes, chopped parsley, and lemon.
May Contain: Barley, Egg, Mustard, Oats, Peanuts, Rye, Seafood, Sesame, Soy, Sulphites, Tree Nuts, and Triticale.
Tip: If you're feeling fancy, zest your lemon before cutting it in half. Add zest to taste to the tabbouleh in Step 3.
- Turn oven on to 450°F with rack positioned 8 inches from the top.
- In a medium pot, bring 2 litres of salted water to a boil.
- Once boiling, add bulgur and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain using a fine mesh sieve, rinse under cold water and transfer to a large bowl.
- Wash cucumber, tomatoes and parsley.
- Pick and finely chop parsley leaves.
- Dice tomatoes and cucumbers into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Drain chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- With clean hands, in a large bowl, toss chicken with spice blend, red onion, garlic, half of the following: lemon juice and yogurt with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Wash hands with warm soapy water.
- Spread onto baking sheet in a single layer and place in oven.
- Set a timer for 15 minutes.
- Add parsley, cucumber, tomato, and 1 tbsp. olive oil to bulgur.
- Season to taste with remaining lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Once timer has gone, turn oven up to 550°F to broil.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until chicken and onions are crisp and chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Monitor closely to prevent burning.
- Divide tabbouleh and chicken onto serving plates.
- Garnish with remaining yogurt.