May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large pot over medium-high.
- Once hot, add carrot, onion and celery mix and sweet potato and cook for 4-5 minutes, until tender and turning golden.
- Rinse and drain both of the lentils and kidney beans in a fine mesh sieve.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine vinegar and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, removed from heat, add onion and cover with a lid.
- Set aside, stirring once or twice, until ready to serve.
Continue Cooking Chili
- To pot from step 1, add garlic and spice blend and cook for 1 minute.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes, 1 cup water, lentils and kidney beans.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 12-15 minutes, until thickened slightly.
- Season to taste with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit and dice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Wash cilantro and pick and chop leaves.
- Cut lime in half.
- In a small bowl, stir together avocado and half of both the lime juice and cilantro.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Finish + Serve
- Divide chili between serving bowls.
- Top with pickled onions, discarding any remaining liquid.
- Top with avocado salsa, cheese and remaining cilantro.
- Serve with remaining lime cut into wedges, squeezed to taste.
As Featured In