This one is sweet and satisfying, and packed with plant-based soy protein.
May Contain: Egg, Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Seafood, Tree Nuts, Wheat, and Gluten.
- Rinse and drain basmati rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add rice to a small pot with 1 1/4 cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Wash bell pepper and snow peas.
- Cut bell pepper in half, remove stem and seeds, and slice into ¼ inch strips.
- Snap ends off snow peas.
- Drain tofu and pat dry with paper towel.
- Slice tofu into ½ inch cubes.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium.
- Once hot, add tofu to skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping occasionally to ensure golden brown and crisp on most sides.
- Remove tofu from skillet and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 2 tbsp. cold water.
- Whisk until smooth, then add brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger.
- Whisk until sugar dissolves.
Assemble Stir Fry
- Once tofu is finished cooking, return skillet to medium heat and add sesame oil.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes, until tender and golden.
- Add bell pepper, snow peas and prepared sauce to skillet.
- Cover with a lid to steam vegetables for 1-2 minutes.
- Once vegetables are tender-crisp, add tofu back to skillet and toss everything together.
- Cook uncovered for 1 minute, or until the sauce thickens to your liking.
Plate + Serve
- To serve, divide rice between serving dishes.
- Top with stir fry and sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sriracha to taste.