May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Shellfish, and other Tree Nuts.
- Rinse and drain basmati rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add rice to a small pot with 1-1/4 cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 12–15 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Wash mushrooms, bell pepper and snow peas.
- Thinly slice mushrooms into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- Cut bell pepper in half, remove stem and seeds, and slice into ¼ inch strips.
- Snap ends off snow peas.
- Drain tofu and pat dry with paper towel.
- Slice tofu into ½ inch cubes.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium.
- Once hot, add tofu to skillet and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 8–10 minutes, flipping occasionally to ensure golden brown and crisp on most sides.
- Remove tofu from skillet and set aside.
Prepare Teriyaki Sauce
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cornstarch with 2 tbsp. cold water.
- Whisk until smooth, then add brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and sriracha to taste.
- Whisk until sugar dissolves.
Assemble Stir Fry
- Once tofu from Step 3 is done cooking and set aside, return skillet to medium heat and add sesame oil and 1 tbsp. oil.
- Add mushrooms and cashews and cook for 3–5 minutes, until tender and golden.
- Add bell pepper, snow peas and teriyaki sauce to skillet.
- Cover with a lid to steam vegetables for 1–2 minutes.
- Once vegetables are tender-crisp, add tofu back to skillet and toss everything together.
- Cook uncovered for 1 minute, or until sauce thickens to your liking.
Plate + Serve
- Divide rice between serving dishes.
- Top with stir fry and sauce.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
As Featured In