May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
Tip: For a slightly richer gravy, use the remaining 1/2 cup milk instead of the water for the gravy in Step 4!
- Wash potatoes and transfer to a medium sized pot with 2 litres salted water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15–18 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Wash green beans, parsley and lemon.
- Trim ends off of green beans.
- Pick and chop parsley leaves.
- Zest lemon and cut in half.
- Drain chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
Cook Chicken + Start Gravy
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Once hot, add chicken and cook for 6–8 minutes, flipping once, until golden but not entirely cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add onion and cook for 1 minute, scraping bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon to break up any browned bits.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add spice blend, grainy mustard and half of the garlic to skillet and stir until fragrant.
- Add flour and cook while stirring for 1 minute.
- Stir in 1/2 cup water, crumble in chicken stock cube and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat and stir in 1/2 cup of the milk.
- Season with each of the following to taste: lemon zest, half of the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Return chicken to skillet with gravy and cook for 5–6 minutes, turning every minute or so, until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
Cook Green Beans + Finish Vegetables
- When potatoes from Step 1 are almost ready, add green beans to same pot.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until tender and bright green.
- Drain vegetables through a fine mesh sieve and place back into pot.
- Season with remaining garlic, 2 tbsp. butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide green beans and potatoes onto plates and garnish with parmesan cheese.
- Portion chicken alongside vegetables.
- Spoon gravy on top of chicken and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with remaining lemon sliced into wedges and squeezed over top to taste.
AS SEEN ON