May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Milk, Peanuts, Shellfish, and Tree Nuts.
Tip: Be mindful of potential splatter when frying the marinated tofu in Step 5.
Cook Sticky Rice
- Drain and rinse rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add rice to a small pot with 1 ½ cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook rice for 12-15 minutes or until grains are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, maple syrup, and rice vinegar.
- Drain tofu and press out any excess moisture with paper towel.
- Slice tofu into ½ inch cubes.
- Add tofu and half of the marinade to a medium bowl. Toss to coat.
- Wash and slice cucumber into ¼ inch rounds.
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit and slice.
- Tear nori into small pieces or cut into 1/4 inch thin strips using scissors.
Make Spicy Mayo
- In a small bowl, mix vegan mayonnaise and sriracha to taste.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium.
- Once hot, use a slotted spoon to transfer tofu to skillet.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes, flipping every 1-2 minutes to brown all sides.
Assemble + Serve
- Divide sticky rice between serving dishes.
- Top with mounds of carrot, cucumber, avocado, tofu, nori, black sesame seeds, and pickled ginger to taste.
- Drizzle remaining marinade over everything.
- Drizzle with spicy mayo on top to taste.
AS SEEN ON