May Contain: Barley, Egg, Milk, Mustard, Oats, Peanuts, Rye, Seafood, Sesame, Soy, Triticale, and Wheat.
Cook Cumin Rice
- Rinse and drain jasmine rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add cumin seeds to a small pot over medium heat. Toast for about 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add rice to same pot with 11/2 cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 15–18 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Wash cilantro, lime, tomatoes, and spinach.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Zest half of the lime, then cut lime in half.
- Peel shallots, trim ends and slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Dice tomatoes into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas in a fine mesh seive.
- Roughly chop almonds.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large wide saucepan over medium-high.
- Add shallots and sweet potato. Cook for 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally or until becoming tender and golden.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Finish Cooking Golden Curry
- Add tomatoes and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Stir chickpeas, lime zest, ginger, garlic, and spice blend into saucepan for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk with the following to taste: sambal oelek and half of the lime juice.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 5–6 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly and sweet potatoes are tender.
- When sweet potatoes are tender, stir in spinach. Cook for 1–2 minutes, or until bright green and tender.
- Divide cumin rice into large serving bowls.
- Serve golden curry on top.
- Top with almonds, cilantro, and remaining lime juice if desired.