May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium.
- Once melted, add onion, celery and sweet potato and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until nearly tender.
- Meanwhile, wash apple, cilantro and lemon.
- Cut around core and dice apple into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Cut lemon in half.
- Add apple, garlic and spice blend to saucepan and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in 1 cup water and crumble stock cube into saucepan, scraping any browned bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon.
- Add coconut milk, rice, red lentils and 2 cups of water, bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice and lentils are tender.
- Season to taste with each of the following: lemon juice, salt, pepper and cilantro.
- Divide mulligatawny into bowls.
- Garnish with crispy onions.
AS SEEN ON