May Contain: Peanuts, Seafood, Sesame, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
- Turn oven on to 400°F.
- Wash broccoli and basil.
- Cut broccoli florets off crown and trim into roughly 1 inch pieces.
- Pick and chop basil leaves.
Roast Vegetables + Prepare Ciabatta
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Toss broccoli and carrots together on baking sheet with 2 tbsp. olive oil, spice blend, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place baking sheet in oven and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- When timer goes off, toss vegetables. Return baking sheet to oven for 10-12 minutes, or until tender and golden.
- Slice ciabatta buns in half and place in oven for 8-10 minutes to toast.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium.
- Once hot, add shallots. Cook 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add grape tomatoes to skillet and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, until tomato skins pop and tomatoes are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, balsamic vinegar, and Dijon mustard.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare Buns + Cheese
- Once buns from Step 2 are toasted, remove from oven. Spoon cooked tomatoes onto bottom buns.
- Slice bocconcini balls in half and place on top of tomatoes.
- Return bottom buns to oven and turn broiler on to 500°F.
- Broil bottom buns for 2-3 minutes, until cheese melts slightly. Watch oven closely to prevent burning.
Plate + Serve
- Remove bottom buns from oven and set on plates.
- Top with basil and arugula.
- Spread prepared aioli onto top buns and close sandwiches with top buns.
- Transfer sandwiches to plates and serve with roasted vegetables.