May Contain: Egg, Fish, Milk, Mustard, Shellfish, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
- Drain and pat dry tofu with paper towel.
- Cut tofu into four even rectangles.
- Cut each rectangle into two thinner pieces.
- Wash cilantro, cucumber, shiitake mushrooms and eggplant.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Trim ends and slice cucumber into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Slice mushrooms into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Dice eggplant into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut lime in half.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp. oil.
- Once hot, add eggplant and mushrooms.
- Cook for 4–6 minutes until vegetables are beginning to brown.
- Reduce heat to medium then add half of the following: soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds and maple syrup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine and cook for 2–4 more minutes, until vegetables are browned and tender.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
Cook Soba Noodles
- Meanwhile, bring 1 1/2 litres salted water to a boil in a pot.
- Add soba noodles and cook for 3–4 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain in a fine mesh sieve.
- Rinse soba noodles with cold water until completely cooled.
- In a small bowl, combine cucumbers and half of the lime juice.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Toss and set aside.
- Carefully wipe skillet clean with paper towel.
- Add 1 tbsp. oil into skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add tofu to skillet and cook for 3–4 minutes, then flip and cook for 3–4 more minutes until crispy and golden on top and bottom.
- Remove tofu from skillet.
- Meanwhile, in a second small bowl, whisk together peanut butter, miso, 3 tbsp. water, and the remaining: sesame oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, and lime juice.
- Add sambal oelek to taste.
- Add tofu into sauce and toss to coat.
- Divide soba noodles into serving bowls.
- Top soba noodles with eggplant, mushrooms, cucumber, cilantro, tofu, and sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.