May Contain: Egg, Fish, Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, other Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
- Bring 1 1/2 litres of salted water to a boil in a pot.
- Add whole wheat spaghetti pasta and cook for 8–10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add pasta back to pot and toss with 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Wash basil.
- Pick and chop basil leaves.
- Crumble tempeh into 1/2 inch pieces.
Prepare Bolognese Sauce
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large wide saucepan over medium-high.
- Add onion and mushrooms to saucepan. Cook for 4–5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until becoming tender and golden.
- Add tempeh and cook, stirring occasionally for 2–3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, tomato paste and spice blend for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, basil and vegetable stock cube with 1 cup water.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium and cook for 6–8 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Season to taste with the following: red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Prepare Vegan Parmesan
- In a small bowl, mix together almond flour, nutritional yeast, parm spice and 1/2 tbsp. olive oil until evenly mixed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide pasta into large serving bowls.
- Spoon bolognese sauce on top.
- Garnish with vegan parmesan.
AS SEEN ON