May Contain: Fish, Milk, Mustard, Sesame, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
TIP: Start slow with the shrimp paste and sambal oelek if you don’t like strong flavours or spice. We recommend adding a bit at a time until you get a nice rich flavour that you enjoy!
Cook Ramen Noodles
- Bring 2 1/2 litres salted water to boil in a large pot.
- Once boiling, add ramen noodles and cook for 3–4 minutes.
- Drain through a fine mesh sieve.
- Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Trim ends from bok choy and separate leaves.
- Wash bok choy, cilantro and lime.
- Cut bok choy into bite sized pieces.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Slice lime into wedges.
- Trim ends from shallot and remove skin. Thinly slice into 1/8 inch pieces.
Toast Flour and Peanuts
- Heat a small skillet over medium.
- Add chickpea flour and dry toast for 2–3 minutes, while stirring, until lightly golden brown.
- Set aside in a small bowl.
- Wipe the skillet clean.
- Add peanuts to same skillet and toast for 4–5 minutes, or until golden and fragrant.
- Roughly chop peanuts and set aside.
Cook Pork + Coconut Broth
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large saucepan over medium-high.
- Drain ground pork and pat dry with paper towel.
- Add shallot and saute for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add ground pork and break apart with a wooden spoon.
- Add turmeric, ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the following to taste: shrimp paste and sambal oelek and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in chickpea flour, coconut sugar, coconut milk and soy sauce.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add bok choy to saucepan.
- When noodles are cooked, add to the coconut broth.
- Mix together and cook for 1 minute or until everything is hot.
- Serve noodles into large serving bowls.
- Ladle coconut broth, pork and bok choy over top.
- Garnish with with toasted peanuts, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice to taste.
AS SEEN ON