May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, Sulphites, and Tree Nuts.
Tip: As some broilers are stronger than others, watch chicken closely in Step 1. If chicken starts browning too fast, move the oven rack down a level.
- Move oven rack to the highest position and turn oven on to broil at 550°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Drain chicken breast and pat dry with paper towel.
- Cut any large chunks into smaller pieces to get uniformly sized chicken pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, half of the spice blend, a drizzle of oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- With clean hands, massage spices into chicken until thoroughly combined. Transfer chicken to baking sheet.
- Wash hands well.
- Place baking sheet in oven for 10–12 minutes. Cook until chicken has reached an interal temperature of 165°F and is golden in colour.
- Monitor closely to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Rinse and drain quinoa in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add quinoa to a pot with 1 1/2 cup salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 18–22 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Turn off heat, cover fully with lid, and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Prepare Chicken Tikka
- Heat a large skillet over medium with 2 tbsp. oil.
- Add onions, garlic, ginger and tomato paste to skillet.
- Cook for 5 minutes until onions are soft and fragrant.
- Add remaining spice blend to skillet and stir to combine.
- Add diced tomatoes and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and add whipping cream.
- Season to taste with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and continue to simmer for another 5–10 minutes until sauce has thickened to your liking.
Prepare Raita Sauce
- Meanwhile, wash cilantro and cucumber.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Grate cucumber using a box grater.
- Place grated cucumber in a fine mesh sieve and press to remove as much liquid as possible.
- In a small bowl, combine cucumber, yogurt and half of the cilantro.
- Season to taste with salt and set aside.
- Divide quinoa onto serving plates.
- Top with chicken tikka.
- Garnish with remaining cilantro and raita sauce.
As Featured In