May Contain: Egg, Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Seafood, Sesame, Sulphites, Tree Nuts, Wheat, and Gluten.
- Rinse and drain brown rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add rice to a small pot with 1 1/4 cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook rice for 18-22 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Wash eggplant, bell pepper, Thai basil, cilantro, kaffir lime leaves and lime.
- Trim ends from eggplant and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut bell pepper in half, remove stem and seeds, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Pick and chop Thai basil and cilantro leaves.
- Finely chop lime leaves.
- Zest and cut lime in half.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Add onions, eggplant and bell pepper to skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until becoming tender and golden.
Finish Cooking Curry
- Stir in garlic, ginger, lime leaves and both lime zest and green curry paste to taste for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk and coconut sugar to skillet along with 1/2 cup water. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and sauce thickens.
- Stir in edamame, bamboo shoots, half of the cilantro, and the following to taste: Thai basil and half of the lime juice. Cook another 2-3 minutes or until edamame is hot.
- Divide brown rice into large serving bowls.
- Spoon edamame curry on top.
- Garnish with basil, remaining cilantro and remaining lime juice to taste.