May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, Sulphites, and Tree Nuts.
- Wash potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and thyme.
- Dice potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Trim ends off Brussels sprouts and and cut into quarters.
- Pick and chop thyme leaves.
- Drain flat iron steak and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
Begin Cooking Vegetables
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium.
- Add potatoes and rutabaga. Cook for 8–10 minutes, tossing occasionally until mostly tender and becoming golden.
Prepare Brown Butter
- Meanwhile in a second skillet, melt 4 tbsp. butter over medium.
- Cook gently for about 3–5 minutes, or until butter smells nutty and turns a deep golden brown colour.
- Remove skillet from heat when finished.
Finish Cooking Vegetables
- Add Brussels sprouts to vegetable skillet with thyme, herb blend to taste, and half of the brown butter.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place skillet with remaining brown butter back on a burner over medium heat.
- Once hot, add steak. Cook for 2–3 minutes on each side, until an internal temperature of 135°F.
- Let rest until internal temperature reaches 145°F for medium rare, or cook to preference.
- Divide vegetables onto serving plates.
- Slice steak against the grain into 1/2 inch slices. Place on plate next to vegetables.
- Crumble blue cheese over steak.
As Featured In