May Contain: Egg, Gluten, Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, and Tree Nuts.
Cook Coconut Rice
- Rinse and drain jasmine rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add rice to a small pot with 1 ¼ cups salted water and coconut oil.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Add red onion and rice vinegar to a small bowl.
- Stir well and set aside to pickle.
- Wash cilantro, Thai basil, mint, green onions, and lime.
- Pick cilantro, basil and mint leaves and roughly chop.
- Thinly slice green onion.
- Slice lime into wedges.
- Drain ground turkey and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Add turkey to skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes, breaking apart with a wooden spoon.
- Cook until turkey is at an internal temperature of 165°F and no longer pink.
- Add ginger and garlic to same skillet.
- Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add brown sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, half of the green onion, and sambal oelek to taste.
- Cook for 4-5 more minutes, or until turkey is golden and caramelized.
- Divide coconut rice between serving bowls.
- Top with turkey mixture.
- Garnish with lots of fresh herbs, remaining green onion, lime wedges, and pickled onions.
As Featured In