May Contain: Egg, Fish, Mustard, Peanuts, Shellfish, other Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
Tip: If you don’t own an ovenproof skillet, simply transfer chicken and broccoli to a baking dish before placing in the oven in Step 2.
- Turn oven to 425°F.
- Add 1 litre salted water to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add orzo to pot and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain orzo in a fine mesh sieve and put back in pot.
- Stir in 1 tbsp. butter and set aside.
Cook Chicken + Broccoli
- Wash broccoli.
- Drain chicken and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add chicken into skillet and cook for 2 minutes per side.
- Add broccoli to skillet and toss to coat in oil.
- Place skillet in oven and cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
Prepare Walnut Pangrattato
- Wash parsley.
- Pick and chop parsley finely.
- Roughly chop walnuts.
- Heat a separate small skillet over medium heat and add walnuts.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes stirring often until golden and toasted.
- When fragrant, add 1 tbsp. butter, breadcrumbs, and half of the garlic.
- Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes until toasted and fragrant.
- Stir parsley into pangrattato, turn off heat, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together balsamic, honey, rosemary, shallots, and the following to taste: red pepper flakes and remaining garlic.
Finish Chicken + Orzo
- Carefully remove skillet from oven and place broccoli on serving plates.
- Place hot skillet carefully back on burner over medium high heat.
- Add glaze and reduce for 1-2 minutes, or until sauce thickens and begins to coat chicken.
- Mix walnut pangrattato in to cooked orzo in pot.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide orzo onto plates next to broccoli.
- Place chicken on top of orzo and spoon any remaining sauce on top.
As Featured In