May Contain: Egg, Fish, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, Sulphites, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
- Turn oven on to 375°F.
- Wash lemon, mint and spring mix.
- Zest lemon and cut in half.
- Pick and chop mint leaves.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas in a fine mesh sieve.
- Rinse and drain couscous in a fine mesh sieve.
- Bring 3/4 cup salted water to a boil in a small pot.
- Stir couscous into boiling water and remove from heat.
- Cover with a lid and let stand until ready to serve.
Toast Pita Chips
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Slice pita into 8 wedges.
- Place on baking sheet and toss with 1 tbsp. olive oil and half of the garlic.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven and toast for 10-12 minutes, turning once or twice, until chips are golden and crispy
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp. olive oil, honey, spice blend, remaining garlic and both of the lemon zest and lemon juice to taste.
- Stir in mint, chickpeas and carrot and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium.
- Slice halloumi crosswise into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- When oil is hot, add halloumi and cook for 3-5 minutes, flipping once, until golden and crispy.
Finish + Serve
- Fluff couscous with a fork and stir into salad.
- Divide spring mix between serving bowls and portion prepared salad on top.
- Top with pita chips and fried halloumi.
As Featured In