May Contain: Egg, Gluten, Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Shellfish, and other Tree Nuts.
- Wash green beans, lemon and mint.
- Trim ends from green beans and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Zest lemon and cut in half.
- Pick and chop mint leaves.
- Rinse and drain cannellini beans in a fine mesh sieve.
Cook Green Beans
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, add green beans to pot and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain in a fine mesh sieve and rinse thoroughly under cold water immediately.
- Finely chop walnuts and transfer to a small skillet.
- Dry toast walnuts over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until golden and fragrant.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp. olive oil, sherry vinegar, honey, half of both the garlic and lemon juice, and lemon zest to taste.
- Finely chop red onion and add to the large bowl.
- Add in cannellini beans, green beans and mint.
- Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prepare Miso Walnut Sauce
- In a small bowl, stir together miso-tahini sauce, anchovy paste, spice blend, remaining garlic with the following to taste: lemon juice and zest.
- Stir in 2 tbsp. olive oil and walnuts.
- Wipe out skillet from step 3 and place over high heat.
- Drain tuna and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to skillet and sear tuna on all sides and edges for 15-20 seconds.
- Remove immediately and transfer to cutting board.
- Divide prepared bean salad into serving bowls.
- Slice tuna against the grain into thin slices and arrange on top of salad.
- Spoon miso walnut sauce over tuna.
As Featured In