For the spice enthusiast, this one will satisfy the heartiest cravings. Roasted red peppers, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, and harissa paste create a bold sauce, made luxurious with creamy coconut milk. Heaps of tofu and fresh spinach are added to the sauce, then spooned over wholesome brown rice and garnished with cilantro.
May Contain: Barley, Egg, Milk, Mustard, Oats, Peanuts, Rye, Seafood, Sesame, Sulphites, Triticale, and Wheat.
- Rinse and drain brown rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add brown rice to a small pot with 1 1/4 cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 18-22 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Wash cilantro, tomatoes, and spinach.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Dice tomatoes into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Finely chop roasted red peppers.
- Drain tofu and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Once hot, add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in roasted red peppers, tomatoes, garlic, ginger, spice blend, and harissa paste to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Finish Cooking Coconut Sauce
- In a small bowl, mix hazelnut paste with 1/2 coconut milk until evenly mixed.
- Stir hazelut mixture into skillet with 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Carefully add tofu to sauce.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until sauce thickens and tofu is hot.
- Add spinach to sauce and cook for 1 -2 minutes, or until bright green and tender.
- Divide brown rice into large serving bowls.
- Spoon tofu and sauce over top.
- Garnish with cilantro.