May Contain: Egg, Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Seafood, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
Tip: You will likely have some leftover filling in this recipe. Consider eating these open faced with a knife and fork.
- Turn oven to 425ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Wash potatoes and cut into quarters.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil, and season with the following to taste: salt, pepper, and roasted garlic powder.
- Place baking sheet in oven and set a timer for 15 minutes.
- Wash dill, king mushrooms, and lemon.
- Pick and chop dill leaves.
- Trim ends from mushrooms and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cut lemon in half.
- Drain jackfruit in a fine mesh sieve.
- Cut peasant buns in half.
Prepare BBQ Jackfruit
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium.
- Once hot, add onions and mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until tender and becoming golden.
- Stir in spice blend for about 1 minute or until fragant.
- Stir in ketchup, brown sugar to taste, red wine vinegar, and 1/2 cup water until evenly mixed.
- Add jackfruit, bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cook for 8-10 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, dill, and lemon juice to taste.
- Mix in coleslaw and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the timer from Step 1 goes off, turn broiler to 450°F.
- Place buns face up in oven. Toast for 3-5 minutes, or until golden and crispy around the edges.
- Monitor closely to prevent burning.
Assemble + Serve
- Place toasted buns on serving plates.
- Divide BBQ jackfruit mixture onto bottom buns.
- Top with slaw and close sandwich with top bun.
- Serve with a side of potatoes.