May Contain: Egg, Gluten, Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and other Tree Nuts.
Tip: Ensure that your tuna is completely thawed before you cook. If eating this meal as leftovers, use the vinaigrette to marinate potatoes after they've cooled.
- Wash and dice potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Put potatoes in a pot and with 1 1/2 liters of salted water.
- Bring to a boil and cook potatoes for 12-15 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain in a fine mesh sieve.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place almonds in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden and fragrant.
- Set aside almonds in a small bowl.
- Wash dill, lemon, and green beans.
- Pick and chop dill leaves.
- Zest and cut lemon in half.
- Trim ends from green beans.
- Peel shallot, trim ends and finely mince.
- In a small bowl, whisk dill, shallots, vinegar, honey, grainy mustard, 2 tbsp. olive oil, and the following to taste: lemon zest and half of the lemon juice.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil same skillet over medium.
- Drain tuna and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Once skillet is hot, sear tuna on each side for about 45 seconds for rare, or cook to preference.
- Remove tuna from pan immediately and let rest.
Prepare Green Beans
- Wipe skillet with paper towel and place back over medium high.
- Add 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- Once hot, add green beans and cook for 4-5minutes, or until tender and bright green.
- Stir in garlic, and almonds. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and remaining lemon juice.
- Divide potatoes and green beans onto plates.
- Slice tuna into 1/4 inch slices against the grain and arrange on plate next to vegetables.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over tuna and potatoes.