May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and other Tree Nuts.
- Rinse and drain basmati rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add basmati rice to a small pot with spice blend and 1 1/4 cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 12–15 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Stir raisins into rice and set aside until ready to serve.
- Wash cucumber, cilantro and lemon.
- Using a box grater, grate cucumber over a double layer of paper towel to absorb moisture.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Zest lemon and cut in half.
- Slice carrot sticks into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Drain chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towel.
- Chop chicken into roughly 1 inch pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet along with carrots and onion.
- Cook for 6–8 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 150°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber and half of the cilantro.
- Season to taste with each of the following: lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- To skillet from Step 3, add cumin seeds, green peas, cashews and half of the sambal oelek to taste and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 2–3 minutes, until peas are bright green and chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Portion spiced rice into serving bowls and top with chicken and vegetables.
- Garnish with crispy onions and remaining cilantro and sambal oelek to taste.
- Spoon prepared raita over top of everything and serve with remaining lemon cut into wedges.
AS SEEN ON