May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and other Tree Nuts.
- Thoroughly rinse and drain red quinoa in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add quinoa to a pot with 1-1/2 cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 18–22 minutes, or until grains are tender.
- Wash cauliflower, kale, cilantro and lime.
- Cut cauliflower florets into roughly 3/4 inch pieces.
- Trim stems from kale and slice leaves into 1 inch ribbons. Slice stems into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Cut lime in half.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large saucepan over medium.
- Once hot, add shallots, kale stems and cauliflower to saucepan.
- Cook for 3–4 minutes, or until vegetables are starting to brown.
- Add garlic, ginger, spice blend and curry paste to saucepan.
- Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and 1/2 cup water to saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 10–12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until curry thickens and cauliflower is fully tender.
- Add kale and cook 2–3 minutes, or until bright green and tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cashews and squeeze in lime juice to taste just before serving.
Plate + Serve
- Divide quinoa into bowls.
- Ladle curry on top of quinoa.
- Garnish with cilantro and crispy onions.
As Featured In