All character of a Sunday dinner, but easy enough for a Monday! Perfectly cooked oven-roasted beef striploin, served with a side of Yukon gold spuds, and caramelized Brussel sprouts. A luscious sauce of tart cherry preserves and savoury demi-glace is spooned over the plate making this meal one to remember.
May Contain: Barley, Egg, Milk, Mustard, Oats, Peanuts, Rye, Seafood, Sesame, Sulphites, Tree Nuts, Triticale, and Wheat.
Tip:For best results, remove beef from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature before starting to cook.
- Turn on oven to 400°F.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over high.
- Drain striploin and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add striploin to hot skillet and cook for 1 minute on all sides.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- When striploin is seared on all sides, place on baking sheet and put in oven.
- Wash Brussels sprouts and potatoes.
- Trim ends and cut Brussels sprouts in half.
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Add potatoes to skillet and reduce heat to medium.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Stir 2 tsp. garlic into potatoes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and place potatoes on one side.
- Add Brussels sprouts to opposite side with striploin in the centre.
- Drizzle with 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, sprinkle with nutmeg, and season with salt.
- Place in oven and set timer for 10 minutes.
Prepare Cherry Demi-Glace
- Heat 1/2 tbsp. olive oil in a small saucepan over medium.
- Add red onion and cook for about 2 minutes or until soft.
- In a medium bowl, whisk in remaining garlic, cherry preserves, with 1 cup water, and demi-glace seasoning.
- Whisk into the saucepan, bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low until ready to serve.
- Season to taste with black pepper.
Check Beef + Vegetables
- When timer goes off, take internal temperature of striploin. If 135°F, put striploin on a plate and allow internal temperature to come to 145°F for medium rare or cook to preference.
- Turn vegetables and cook another 4-6 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Slice striploin against the grain into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Divide beef and roasted vegetables between serving plates. Top with cherry demi-glace.