All the flavour bases are covered with this savoury, sweet, and sour combo. Tender, pan-seared medallions of pork tenderloin are topped with a lively relish of chopped dates, juicy orange, sherry vinegar, cilantro, and red onion. Served with basmati rice and Swiss chard lightly sautéed in a touch of butter.
May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Shellfish, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
Tip: Head to our Instagram Stories (@freshprep.ca) for a visual guide on how to cut an orange and leave the membrane behind in one piece!
- Rinse basmati rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add 1 tbsp. (2 tbsp. for 4 servings) butter to a small pot over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add spice blend and basmati rice to pot. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 cups for 4 servings) salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Turn off heat and set aside.
- Wash Swiss chard and cilantro.
- Trim leaves from chard stems. Slice chard stems into 1/4 inch pieces and leaves into 1 inch ribbons.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
Prepare Date Relish
- Finely chop dates and put in a small bowl.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off ends of orange, lay orange flat on cutting board, and cut peel and white pith off. Then, place orange in your palm and cut orange along white fibrous membrane towards centre of orange to remove segments of flesh, leaving fibrous membrane intact.
- Squeeze remaining juice from orange membrane into small bowl.
- Roughly chop orange segments and add to same bowl along with red onions, sherry vinegar, cilantro, and 1 tbsp. (2 tbsp. for 4 servings) olive oil.
- Season to taste with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium.
- Drain pork tenderloin and pat dry with paper towel.
- Cut each piece of tenderloin into 4 equal medallions.
- Lay each pork medallion flat and press down lightly to flatten. Season both sides well with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tbsp. (2 tbsp. for 4 servings) olive oil to hot skillet.
- Add pork to skillet and sear each side for about 2-3 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Remove pork from skillet and let rest on a plate.
- Add 1 tbsp. (2 tbsp for 4 servings) olive oil to hot skillet.
- Add chard stems and cook for 1 minute, or until becoming tender.
- Add chard leaves and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until tender and bright green.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide rice and Swiss chard between serving plates.
- Place pork medallions beside rice in a fan shape and spoon date relish on top.
AS SEEN ON