May Contain: Egg, Fish, Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
- Wash green onion, jalapeño, lime, and cilantro.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Slice green onion into ½ inch pieces.
- Cut lime in half.
- Drain tofu and pat dry with paper towel.
- Slice tofu into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut jalapeño in half, remove seeds and mince.
- Wash hands with hot soapy water and avoid touching eyes or face.
Roast Sweet Potatoes
- Turn on oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place sweet potato on baking sheet and toss with 1 tbsp. olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place baking sheet on middle rack of oven immediately.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes.
Cook Sticky Rice
- Rinse and drain sticky rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add sticky rice to a small pot with 1-1/2 cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until grains are tender.
- When rice is cooked, fluff with a fork and mix in seasoned rice vinegar.
Prepare Black Pepper Sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together kecap manis, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, and cracked black pepper.
- Place tofu in another mixing bowl and toss with cornstarch.
- When oven timer goes off, add broccoli florets to baking sheet.
- Turn on broiler to 450°F and roast vegetables for 8-10 minutes, flipping once, until vegetables are tender and sweet potatoes have crispy edges.
- Monitor closely to prevent burning.
- Heat ¼ cup olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high.
- Shake excess cornstarch off and add tofu into hot oil carefully.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, turning pieces until crispy and golden on all sides.
- Set aside on a plate lined with paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- When tofu is done, carefully drain hot oil from skillet and wipe skillet clean with paper towel.
- Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to hot skillet.
- Add jalapeño to taste and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add tofu back to skillet along with prepared black pepper sauce.
- Toss to coat, turn off heat and set aside.
- Divide rice, roasted vegetables, and black pepper tofu into serving bowls.
- Garnish with green onion, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
AS SEEN ON