May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Milk, Mustard, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
- Rinse and drain quinoa in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add quinoa to a pot with 1 1/2 cups salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 18–22 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Wash jalapeno, lime leaves, lime, and kale.
- Cut jalapeno in half, remove seeds, and mince.
- Wash hands well with warm soapy water and avoid touching eyes or face.
- Remove stems from lime leaves and mince leaves.
- Zest and cut lime in half.
- Remove kale leaves from stem and slice leaves into 1⁄2 inch pieces.
- Add 2 tbsp. oil to a large, wide saucepan over medium-high.
- Add onion and sweet potato to saucepan.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until becoming tender and golden.
Continue Cooking Stew
- Stir garlic, ginger, spice blend, and jalapeno to taste in saucepan.
- Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, raw sugar, peanut butter, tamarind, lime zest and lime leaves with 1 cup water.
- Stir until evenly mixed.
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Season to taste with the following: salt, pepper, and half of the lime juice.
Finish + Serve
- When sweet potato from Step 4 is tender, stir kale into stew.
- Cook for 1–2 minutes, or until bright green and tender.
- Divide quinoa into large serving bowls and spoon stew on top.
- Garnish with peanuts and remaining lime juice to taste.