May Contain: Egg, Gluten, Milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
- Wash thyme, lemon and spinach.
- Pick and chop thyme leaves.
- Zest lemon and cut in half.
- Roughly chop spinach leaves.
- Roughly chop olives.
- Rinse and drain white beans in a fine mesh sieve.
Cook White Beans
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large saucepan over medium.
- Once hot, add onion and cook for 2–3 minutes, until tender and starting to turn golden.
- Stir in beans, garlic, thyme, mustard, olives and white cooking wine.
- Add 1/2 cup water and crumble in vegetable stock cube.
- Season to taste with lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5–7 minutes, until mixture is creamy.
- When beans are just about ready, heat a skillet over high.
- Drain tuna and pat dry with paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tbsp. olive oil to skillet and carefully place tuna in skillet.
- Sear for 30–45 seconds per side. Remove from skillet and set aside to rest.
- Stir spinach into beans and cook for 1–2 minutes, until spinach is tender and bright green.
- Season to taste with each of the following: salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and half of the lemon juice.
- Slice tuna against the grain into 1/2 inch slices.
- Portion beans onto serving plates. Top with tuna.
- Squeeze remaining lemon juice over everything to taste.