May Contain: Milk, Mustard, Peanuts, Seafood, Sesame, Wheat, and Gluten.
Tip: You will have leftover coconut milk—use it in a smoothie or sweet oatmeal!
- Rinse and drain rice in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add rice to a small pot with 1 cup coconut milk and ¼ cup salted water to a pot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low. Cover with a lid and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until grains are tender.
-Wash lime, green onion, bell pepper, and cilantro.
- Cut lime in half.
- Thinly slice green onions.
- Pick and chop cilantro leaves.
- Cut bell pepper in half, remove core and seeds, and dice into ½ inch pieces.
- Cut pineapple into ¼ inch pieces.
- Add shredded coconut to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Toast for 2-3 minutes, tossing often until golden. Set aside on a plate.
- Carefully wipe skillet clean.
- Add 2 tbsp. oil to skillet, then turn heat to medium-high.
- Add bell pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until peppers are becoming tender and brown.
- Stir in garlic, pineapple, and cashews. Cook for about 1 minute.
- When rice from Step 1 is cooked, add to same skillet over medium-high.
- Stir ingredients together. Season to taste with soy sauce and half of the green onion.
- Reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a second skillet over medium.
- Once hot, crack eggs into skillet. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until whites are opaque for a sunny-side-up egg, or cook to your preference.
Finish + Serve
- Divide coconut rice onto plates.
- Top with toasted coconut, cilantro, remaining green onion, an egg, and sambal oelek to taste.
- Squeeze remaining lime on top if desired.