May Contain: Egg, Milk, Peanuts, Shellfish, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
Tip: Make sure tuna is thawed before cooking.
Cook Sticky Rice
- Rinse sticky rice well under cold running water in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add to a small pot with 1-¼ cup salted water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover with a lid, leaving enough room for steam to escape.
- Cook for 15–18 minutes or until grains are tender.
Prepare Green Beans
- Bring 1-1/2 litres salted water to a boil in a separate pot.
- Wash green beans and trim ends.
- When water boils, cook beans for 2–3 minutes, or until tender and bright green.
- Drain green beans and rinse with cold water immediately.
Finish Green Bean Gomae
- Heat a medium skillet over medium.
- Add sesame seeds and toast until golden and beginning to pop.
- Remove sesame seeds from skillet and set aside.
- Keep skillet on burner.
- Meanwhile, wash, zest, and cut lemon in half.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together tahini, honey, garlic, lemon zest, and half of the lemon juice.
- Add toasted sesame seeds and stir.
- Add drained green beans to bowl and mix well.
- Season to taste with salt.
Prepare Wasabi + Maple Soy
- In a small bowl, add wasabi powder with 1 tsp. cold water.
- Mix until a soft ball forms.
- In a second small bowl, mix maple syrup and soy sauce.
- Place skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drain tuna and pat dry with paper towel.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 tbsp. oil to hot skillet.
- Sear tuna for 30 seconds each side. Remove from skillet immediately.
Finish + Serve
- Stir seasoned rice vinegar into sticky rice.
- Divide rice onto plates and garnish with furikake.
- Place green beans on plates.
- Cut remaining lemon into wedges and serve with green beans.
- Cut tuna across the grain into ½ inch slices.
- Add tuna to plate with a portion of wasabi and a drizzle of maple soy.
AS SEEN ON