May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
Tip: Depending on your oven, you may need to use the second rack from the top instead of the very top rack in Step 1. Your baking sheet should still have a 2-3 inches between it and the heat source.
- Heat oven to 450°F with one rack in the top position and another rack in the middle position.
- Line 2 baking sheets with foil.
- Wash potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add potatoes to one baking sheet. Toss with 1 tbsp. olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Place baking sheet on middle rack of oven immediately.
- Set a timer to roast potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Wash zucchini, bell pepper, mushrooms, jalapeno, and parsley.
- Cut bell pepper in half, remove stem and seeds, and cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces.
- Slice zucchini into 3/4 inch semicircles.
- Cut mushrooms in half.
- Cut shallots in half lengthwise and peel layers apart.
- Cut halloumi in half widthwise, then into 4 equal triangles.
- Build kebabs by spearing alternating vegetables through a skewer.
- Add shallot to your taste preference.
- Repeat for all skewers.
- Place skewered vegetables on second baking sheet with any remaining vegetable pieces on the side.
- Leave some room on baking sheet to add halloumi later.
- Brush skewered vegetables with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place baking sheet on top oven rack and cook for 10 minutes.
Make Herb Sauce
- Finely chop parsley leaves and add to a small bowl.
- Cut jalapeno in half, remove seeds and mince.
- Wash hands with hot soapy water.
- In same bowl, 2 tbsp olive oil, add half of the garlic, and the following to taste: jalapeno, red wine vinegar and salt.
- Mix well and set aside.
- When timer from Step 1 goes off, turn skewers over and brush with herb sauce.
- Place halloumi pieces on same baking sheet.
- Mix remaining garlic into potatoes.
- Turn broiler to 500°F.
- Cook everything for 4-6 more minutes, or until veggies are tender and cheese is golden on top.
- Monitor closely to prevent burning.
- Divide potatoes and skewers onto plates with pieces of halloumi.
- Top halloumi and skewers with remaining herb sauce.
AS SEEN ON