May Contain: Fish, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, Sulphites, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
Prepare Rosti Mixture
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Wash, pick, and chop thyme leaves.
- Peel and wash potato. Grate with a box grater and squeeze out excess liquid. Discard liquid.
- In a large bowl, add potato, thyme, onion, spice blend, unbleached flour, cheddar cheese and half of the garlic. Mix with clean hands until mixture sticks together.
- Season to taste with the following: red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Form + Cook Rosti
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a skillet over medium.
- Form 1/4 of the rosti mixture into a firm ball.
- Place each rosti ball into hot oil as you make them and press down until rosti is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Repeat to make 4 rostis.
- Cook rostis for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy. Transfer to baking sheet and put in oven.
- Cook 7-10 minutes, or until fully cooked through and crispy on the outside.
- Meanwhile, wash spinach.
- Add 2 tbsp. olive oil to a second large skillet over medium-high heat.
-When hot, add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until tender and golden.
- Stir in spinach and remaining garlic for 1 minute, or until tender and bright green.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer vegetables to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Wipe same skillet clean with paper towel if necessary.
- Put skillet back on stove over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp. each of olive oil and butter.
- Crack eggs into skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, until whites are set and yolks are still runny.
- Pat dry rostis on paper towel to remove excess oil, then place on plates.
- Serve sunny-side-up eggs beside with a side of vegetables.
AS SEEN ON