May Contain: Egg, Mustard, Peanuts, Seafood, Sesame, Soy, Sulphites, Tree Nuts, Wheat, and Gluten.
- Rinse and drain lentils into a fine mesh sieve.
- Wash dill, green onions and spinach.
- Pick and chop dill leaves.
- Thinly slice green onions.
- Roughly chop spinach.
- Drain and pat beef dry on paper towel. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large wide saucepan over medium-high.
- Add onions and carrots to saucepan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until beginning to brown and become tender.
- Add beef, za’atar, and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes or until beef is beginning to brown.
- Stir in lentils, tamarind, honey, beef stock cube, tomato paste, and 1 ½ cups water.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, or until flavours come together and sauce thickens.
- Stir in dill and spinach until spinach is bright green and tender.
- Season to taste with red pepper flakes.
- Divide beef lentil stew into large serving bowls.
- Top with sour cream and green onions.