May Contain: Egg, Fish, Gluten, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, and Tree Nuts.
Tip: Watch the oven closely in step 5 to make sure the broccolette and chickpeas don't burn!
- Turn oven on to 425°F.
- Rinse and drain quinoa in a fine mesh sieve.
- Add quinoa to a small pot with 1 cup salted water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover with a lid and cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas in a fine mesh sieve and pat dry with paper towel.
- Place chickpeas on one side of baking sheet.
- Toss chickpeas with herb blend and 1 tbsp. olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place baking sheet in oven and set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Wash broccolette and pat dry.
- Trim ends, remove any large leaves and cut broccolette into 2 inch pieces.
- Toss broccolette in a medium mixing bowl with 1 tbsp. olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for Step 5.
- Wash cilantro, parsley, lemon, and jalapeno.
- Pick and finely chop cilantro and parsley leaves.
- Cut jalapeno in half, remove stem and seeds and finely chop.
- Zest and cut lemon in half.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp. olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, and both the lemon zest and lemon juice to taste.
- Stir in cilantro, parsley, onion and jalapeno to taste.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside for Step 6.
Cook Broccolette + Toast Pumpkin Seeds
- When timer goes off, add broccolette to other side of baking sheet.
- Stir pumpkin seeds into chickpeas.
- Turn broiler on to 500°F and return baking sheet to oven. Cook for 3-5 minutes until chickpeas are crispy and broccolette is tender.
- Watch closely to prevent burning.
Assemble + Serve
- When quinoa from Step 1 is cooked, add green peas to quinoa.
- Cover pot with a lid to steam green peas for 2 minutes.
- Add quinoa and green pea mixture, chickpeas, and broccolette to large mixing bowl from Step 4 and mix with dressing.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide salad into bowls.
- Crumble feta over everything.
AS SEEN ON