May Contain: Egg, Fish, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Shellfish, Soy, Tree Nuts, and other sources of Gluten.
Tip: Make sure you reserve the pasta water as directed in Step 1 before draining.
- Add 2 ½ litres salted water to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Reserve ½ cup pasta water.
- Drain pasta in a fine mesh sieve.
- Wash spinach and lemon.
- Roughly chop spinach.
- Cut lemon in half.
- Drain flat iron steaks and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season both sides with salt and cracked black pepper.
Cook + Glaze Steak
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high.
- Place steaks in skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until an internal temperature of 135°F.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- To make glaze, add balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp. butter to skillet.
- Swirl glaze around as it thickens and coats steak.
- Remove steak from skillet and let rest until internal temperature is 145°F.
- Reserve any remaining glaze for serving.
- Add 2 tbsp. butter to pasta pot over medium heat.
- When melted, add garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add pasta and reserved pasta water back to pot with spinach.
- Stir and cook until spinach is bright green and tender.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with red pepper flakes and lemon juice.
- Divide pasta onto plates.
- Cut steak diagonally against the grain into ¼ inch slices.
- Serve steak on top of pasta.
- Drizzle any leftover glaze on steak.
AS SEEN ON